Boost logo

Boost :

From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-07 14:54:09

Dear Daryle or Tom,

I can see from the most recent review schedule that the More IO library has been
rejected, but I have not seen a review result posted. I'm interested to know the
rationale for the rejection and future plans for More IO, since I would like to
add the Iostreams library to CVS as soon as possible and several of the open
issues depend on the status of More IO.

For example, during the review of both libraries there was definite support for
some sort of null_sink/null_buf. I'd like to know if I should go ahead and add
these classes to the iostreams library, or whether I should wait for Daryle to
produce a revised version of More IO.

Certainly I can put off some of there decisions until later, but I'd rather take
a few days and prepare a revision of the Iostreams library all at once.

Best Regards,

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at