From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-07 18:22:18

Sorry for this possibly naive question.
But I can't figure out how to compile the regression tests.

So far I found cd'ing into a specific libs/test directory and invoking
bjam on it compiles the test for a specific library.
But how can I compile all? I cannot find a rule like
stage or install in the root Jamfile. Isn't it possible to recurse
through all directories?

Then I cannot manage to get a results page using the description
in http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/more/regression.html
Instead I get:

> C:\Programme\boost>SET PYTHON_ROOT=C:\Programme\Python23
>
> C:\Programme\boost>SET BOOST_ROOT=C:\Programme\boost
>
> C:\Programme\boost>SET TOOLS=vc-7_1
>
> C:\Programme\boost>ECHO ON
>
> C:\Programme\boost>cd C:\Programme\boost\status
>
> C:\Programme\boost\status>bjam --dump-tests test 1>bjam.log 2>&1
>
> C:\Programme\boost\status>REM start notepad bjam.log
>
> C:\Programme\boost\status>process_jam_log 0<bjam.log
> Usage: bjam [bjam-args] | process_jam_log [--echo] [locate-root]
> locate-root is the same as the bjam ALL_LOCATE_TARGET
> parameter, if any. Default is boost-root.
> boost_root: C:/Programme/boost/status/..
> locate_root: C:/Programme/boost/status/..
> no errors detected
>
> C:\Programme\boost\status>compiler_status C:\Programme\boost cs-win32.html
>
> **** exception(205): std::exception:
> boost::filesystem::directory_iterator constructor:
> "C:\Programme\boost\status\bin":
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********
>
> C:\Programme\boost\status>rem Specify links file, even though it will
> be overwritten, so report html includes links
>
> C:\Programme\boost\status>rem This works because the generated
> bookmark names are the same regardless of other settings
>

> C:\Programme\boost\status>compiler_status --ignore-pass --no-warn
> C:\Programme\boost cs-win32-fail.html cs-win32-links.h
> tml
>
> **** exception(205): std::exception:
> boost::filesystem::directory_iterator constructor:
> "C:\Programme\boost\status\bin":
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********
>
> C:\Programme\boost\status>compiler_status --ignore-pass
> C:\Programme\boost cs-win32-warn-or-fail.html cs-win32-links.htm
>
> **** exception(205): std::exception:
> boost::filesystem::directory_iterator constructor:
> "C:\Programme\boost\status\bin":
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********
>
> C:\Programme\boost\status>compiler_status C:\Programme\boost
> cs-win32-full.html cs-win32-links.html
>
> **** exception(205): std::exception:
> boost::filesystem::directory_iterator constructor:
> "C:\Programme\boost\status\bin":
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********
>
> C:\Programme\boost\status>

I am using vc7.1 on W2 with the latest CVS MAIN. I currently assume this
should work under windows, doesn't it?

Thank you for help,
Roland