From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-08 14:26:45

"Martin" <adrianm_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Just a small question.
>
> Why didn't you use a custom locale facet (e.g. sequence_punct) instead of the
> punctuate object.

> With the current implementation you need to have access to the stream to be
> able to specify the format.

Originally, I was undecided about whether to use facets or pword, so I provided
two implementations and a preprocessor symbol BOOST_FORMAT_LITE_USE_PWORD which
the user could define. At some point, I decided it was bad manners to keep
changing a stream's locale.

By the way, there would be one facet for each selector, e.g., sequence_punc<
vector<_>, char >.

> If a facet is used you can use the formatter with lexical_cast and the program
> options library.

I'm not yet familiar with the program options library. With lexical_cast,
there's no way to specify a locale, so I guess you're talking about setting the
global locale. Right? I'm afraid this might be bad manners, too. Mybe I can
provide both options.

Jonathan