From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-09 18:51:00

"Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Here's my general take on it: iterators are important and useful as the
> lower-level
> infrastructure. iterators are, however, not too user-friendly; the
> user-friendly interface
> can be build on top so easy task becomes , well, easy. and that is the
purpose
> of ranges and johns range library.
> without a good iterator library underneith ranges where hard to craft, but
now
> that we have a good iterator library, we should persue
> higher abstractions

I agree that iterators aren't that easy or intuitive to work with. So our
motivations have much in common. My view is that iterators can be made
easier to work with without changing their fundamental character and without
the need to introduce what I see as a new concept (ranges) that is "almost
the same" as an existing concept - pair of iterators.

Robert Ramey