From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-10 09:58:54

JOLY Loic wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>> The primary problem is that Boost.Build V2 does not has good support for
>> Boost.Python. So for now you can try to change that "python22" to
>> "python24".
>>
>> This is going to change in very near future, I'm already have the
>> beginning of the proper support. However, I'm afraid it won't appear in
>> 1.32.
>
> Ok, thank you for the information.
>
> I finally installed version 2.2 of python and it compiled. Would you
> advise me to compile boost with the version 1 of the build system ?

There are two limitations of V2 at the moment:

- Boost.Python
- It can't do "install" that V1 does (creating various versions of libraries
with name which indicate build options).

So, if you want to just build Boost, using V1 is the official solution.
Except for the above issue, V2 is perfectly usable, though.

- Volodya