From: Stefan Csomor (csomor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-12 03:49:35

Hi

> Have you looked at wxWidgets runtime type information stuff? What I'm
> thinking of would only provide the same information as that, but without
> the need for every class you want to have runtime reflection available
> for, you don't need to put all the members/member functions in defines.

There were some additional requirements for this kind of runtime
information, as it was directed towards RAD-Tools and not for crossing
languages

- Grouping of properties (e.g. all props dealing with the layout of a
control, dealing with the appearance etc)

- Additional meta information whether the property should be persisted or
not (properties useful for GUI-data binding but not for persistence),
construction properties (after creation read-only), always read-only
properties, help strings etc

Best,

Stefan