From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-12 12:36:13

"Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I think it is feasible to have
>
> 1. std containers being ranges as defined in boost.range
> 2. a new concepts that refine the concepts of boost.range by adding iteration
> capabilities.
>
> I believe (2) is exactly what John is doing.
>
> -Thorsten

It's a mistake to think of John's range as being a refinement of the
boost.range concept. If I have a non-const range and I pass it off to
an algorithm that traverses it, will the range be modified or not?
That should not change depending on which level of this "refinement
hierarchy" the algorithm requires, or depending on whether the range
was only non-const by chance (but not really intended to be modified).

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting