From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-15 05:43:29

> No, MSLU works, as far as I know. But we can't assume its existence. A
> library that doesn't support Win9x without MSLU will not be useful for
> users that need to write code that works on a wide variety of machines.
> Win9x's installed base, although declining, is still significant.

And after I suggested that, I realised that there are compilers other than
MSVC :-)

Actually given the small number of API's involved, it wouldn't be that hard
to wrap them ourselves entirely within the library (ie no separate dll to
redistribute etc), but we can still leave worrying about that till after
Beman's proved the other concepts work out OK; whatever end up doing, this
detail is solvable IMO.

John.