Date: 2004-11-15 15:01:24

Rene Rivera wrote:
> attaching an enum to a combo-box, or a string to a text-box. Doing
> something that maps from the type to the widget automatically given the
> reflection info of the type is not an easy task as there's more to a
> variable than just the type which one ends up adding when creating the
> widget bindings, or at least I did.

Have a look at http://www.litwindow.com/library

especially also at the RssReader tutorial step 3 and 4.

The Lit Window Library lets you bind a container with an interface that
follows STL conventions to a list box. The list box will be filled with
the elements from the container.

You specify a rule

ListBox.Items = Container

It also lets you bind the current list box selection to a form.

You write a rule

ListBox.Current = Form.Details

Upon seeing this the generic mediator "RapidUI" will automatically
transfer the contents of the currently selected element from the
Container to the Form and back again, when a user changes a widget.

I am looking for people willing to contribute to the Lit Window Library.

Regards

Hajo Kirchhoff