From: Russ Gibson (russg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-15 17:12:32

The latest 1_32_0 (downloaded today - 2004-11-15 at around 13:30 PST/-0800)
failed to build the python libs because of "python22.lib" references in a
link. I have python 2.3 installed, and have the python environment
variables set like this:

PYTHON_ROOT=C:\python23
PYTHIN_VERSION=2.3
PYTHON_LIB_PATH=C:\Python23\libs

My WinXP system is brand newly set up (from major crash), so there aren't
any strange things going on (i.e. no other python's in path, etc.).

I have cygwin installed, but none of the cygwin stuff is in my path (or any
other environment variables for that matter), so I'm confident that isn't a
problem. Besides, it also has python 2.3, not 2.2.

I actually used vsvars32.bat to get the build environment for boost.
Everything else (that wasn't dependant on boost python) build fine.

Anybody know anything about this?

(Be sure to reply-all if you reply to this, unless you don't mind long
delays for a response).

--> Russ