From: Mathew Robertson (mathew.robertson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-16 00:52:18

> > Also, most widget libraries dont allow you to connect a variable to a widget, and still allow user validation. This is because the widget library doesn't callback into the validation code, since it assumes that if it is connected to a widget, then no validation code is necessary.
>
> the Lit Window Library is a layer above a widget library and allows you
> to do that. It will do validation using rules (predicate like language)
> and it will allow seamless calls between rules and custom C++ code.
>
> http://www.litwindow.com/library

Yes, I have been reading the docs this afternoon... Interesting concepts... some ideas are very useful, although I'm not sure that some of the examples are all that relevant...

ie the first example (from "How RapidUI speeds up your development work...") where some settings are loaded. The example is invalid as the comparision is being done using operator>> vs. raw implementation code.

I am familar with the FOX Toolkit's concept of N+M blocks-of-code for handling events (vs. the concept of NxM blocks-of-code, see http://www.fox-toolkit.org/introduction.html). I am tending to think that Lit still has this problem.

Mathew