From: Noah Stein (noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-17 19:37:10

The point I've tried to make is that sometimes there is no second chance to
construct an object. At times, I have one shot at initializing hardware.
There is no second chance. I can't just default construct and change the
settings later. At lost not without completely shutting down the hardware
and restarting it. That's just not an option. I can't refactor the
hardware.

In addition, what about dealing with libraries? For example, the BGL has a
function named brandes_betweenness_centrality that takes 9 parameters. I
would be hesitant to try to refactor the BGL locally on my machine. My
other option is construct a separate class in order to collect the
parameters and make the call later. I think the custom forwarding class is,
although similar, inferior.

-- Noah