From: Vyacheslav E. Andrejev (vandrejev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-18 02:36:58

Hello Robert,

RR> "Vyacheslav E. Andrejev" <vandrejev_at_[hidden]> wrote in
RR> message news:cnf21s$124$1_at_sea.gmane.org...
RR>
>> Hello Robert,
>>
>> Yes, your're right. But this preprocessor macro is used only in one
>> place of the whole boost, namely in serialization library.
RR>
RR> LOL - that amazes me. I guess I'm just lucky.

Shame on me. Some more libraries actually uses it (math, graph and python). First time I have checked not all boost but only part that is used in my project.

RR> I hope this answers your question. Its not that there's a
RR> reluctance to fix things, its just that by the time on considers all
RR> the reasons that things are the way they are, it isn't obvious how
RR> to fix something.
Yes, I understand. In a mean time I've found own solution for the problem, I wrote a script that fixes library in the way I need after downloading from cvs prior to adding to my project :).

RR> P.S. want to hear something funny? After going through all this
RR> codewarrior
RR> compiler doesn't build programs which use the serialization export
RR> functionality. This is due to a compiler feature which removes all
RR> code not
RR> explicitly referenced by name. That is, an overzealous
RR> optimization.
RR> Heroic efforts have failed to resolve this issue for this compiler.
RR> Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh.
It is sad. I also have experinced many "funny" things when fought with vc7.1 :). One good thing I heard (rumours may be) that MS uses boost for regression tests of their new compiler, it raises hope in my breast :).

Regards.

--
Vyacheslav E. Andrejev
System Architect, Excelsior, LLC