From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-18 05:58:40

On 11/16/04 9:55 AM, "Joaquín Mª López Muñoz" <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> To mention Aleksey there is the least we should do to thank him for
>> everything he did for this release (and for the future ones) and I hope
>> it's not too late for that!
>>
>> Anybody volunteering to write 2 sentences?
>>

> Maybe something to adorn the acknlowedgements section like shown
> below?
>
> http://195.235.93.150/boost.html
>
> I don't know, perhaps it's a little too childish, but well I was in the mood

Since everyone so far was gushing with joy over the suggestion, I guess I
have to step in personally to be the kill-joy objector.

The "1.32" moniker implies that there have been (around) 31 previous
releases. What makes Aleksey's so special? Has he been faster than
previous releases by Beman or Dave (or whoever else)? I colloquially feel
that this release round has taken too long, but I won't officially complain
since I never did a "bytes of added/changed code" per "release preparation
time" analysis for all the releases.

The only objection I have concerns the cartoon. Yes, I think it's too
childish. I know this response is too late since Dave has already
implemented the idea, but can he yank the cartoon, if Dave actually included
it? (I haven't seen the updated page yet.) Aleksey can include the cartoon
on his Boost page if he wants.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie