From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-18 13:18:56

Peter Dimov wrote:
> So "we can do this", but apparently we don't want to. If this is the
> case, and the current scheme is acceptable, it's easy for me to just
> add a friend declaration to shared_ptr and be done with it.

IIRC, then this would not solve one problem you described in an earlier
post. Namely how a weak_ptr can be loaded before the first shared_ptr
referencing the same object is loaded. As you stated, it seems that
solving this problem *requires* that serialization users can assoicate
arbitrary data with an archive during load.

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.