From: Mickey Moore (mgmoore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-21 17:38:06

I wanted to gauge whether there might be interest in a class for complex
numbers with data stored in polar form. For some applications, polar
complex numbers have significant advantages over Cartesian complex (e.g.,
std::complex) in efficiency and numerical accuracy. (I spent some time
Googling and, somewhat to my surprise, didn't find any freely available
versions of this.)

I have a fairly well developed class that implements this; "boosting" it to
be worthy of consideration would probably be straight-forward but
non-trivial. My version of this is of course templated on the contained
numeric type. It is also uses a policy-based design that determines
whether or not the polar angle phi is always maintained in principal form
or not and what constitutes principal form (default: no, -pi < phi <= pi).

Thanks, Mickey Moore

Mitchell G. (Mickey) Moore, Ph.D.
mgmoore_at_[hidden]