From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 06:31:25

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 01:21:39AM -0800, Javier Estrada wrote:

> Under the Motivation section, the sentence:
>
> Please note: the intent is not to fix the known defaults of std::min and
> std::max, but to add one more algorithms that combines both;
>
> Should read:
>
> Please note: the intent is not to fix the known defaults of std::min and
> std::max, but to add one more algorithm that combines both;

Should it in fact read "not to fix the known faults" ?

I don't know of any "defaults" for std::min or std::max.

Also, the link to Alexandrescu's paper in the rationale section does not
work. The current URL is
http://www.cuj.com/documents/s=7996/cujcexp1904alexandr/alexandr.htm
Since this URL will probably change again the link should contain the
name of the paper, so it can be searched for when the URL changes next.

(I tried looking for the paper on Andrei's site, but my browser hangs
every time I go to moderncppdesign.com)

The attached patch applies all the suggestions above and also fixes the
broken HTML on that page.

Finally, minmax doesn't appear on http://www.boost.org/libs/libraries.htm

jon

--
"Until they become conscious they will never rebel,
 and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."