From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 10:49:12

Here's my take. I'm providing b/w and color versions. The idea
is to provide an abstract logo to associate with Boost while retaining
the visual link with the previous artwork (through using the same
Impact font for the name, a very appropriate font IMHO.)
Some more rationales behind the proposal:

* It can be easily rasterized.
* It goes well with flat backgrounds.
* It works as a transition from the old logo.

As for the logo itself, it tries to convey the following connotations:

* Its square shape, and the fact that is bottom aligned
with the text, gives a sense of solidness.
* It reminds the reader of a set of construction toolkit
pieces, which associates well with Boost being a repository of
general purpose libraries.
* The "++" part of C++ is retained, integrated into the
logo. Going a little pedantic, one can even recognize
the logo as a deconstruction of "C++", where the L-shaped
pieces are the two halves of an upper "C", split and shifted.

Dya like it?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

boost.png