From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 14:55:40

Rich Johnson wrote:

> On Sunday, November 21, 2004, at 02:43 AM, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
>
>> Perhaps while this is being discussed, there might also be some
>> discussion of adoption of a real mascot or emblem to serve as the logo
>> for Boost. Stylized text is fun, but having a real logo adds
>> significantly, in my opinion. I think it helps build a "brand," and in
>> a way, the Boost brand is an especially important one.
>>
>> Microsoft has their flying Windows, Apple has their Apple, GNU has their
>> gnu; what should Boost have?
>
> Either a catapult or a rocket. ....just my $.02 :-)

Rockets are fun :-) And have along history of use as logos, emblems, and
tokens. Has the nice association of "Boost" with "booster rocket".

A catapult is too retro ;-) We want to inspire cutting edge not middle ages.

I'd say the rocket idea was worth more than $.02

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything