From: Michael van der Westhuizen (michael_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-23 01:31:12

Robert Ramey wrote:
> This came about when I made some tweaks to get it to pass borland compilers.
>
> I think my original intention was
>
> operator const T () const {return t; } \
> operator T & () { return t; } \
>
> but maybe some compiler or other complained when T was a primitive type.
> Honestly I don't remember now. I think that only a couple of compilers warn
> about this.
>
> Robert Ramey

Mornin'

Older Compaq cxx (Digital C++) compilers have that warning - this one
in particular has annoyed me in the past:

[michael_at_anaconda michael]$ cxx -V
DIGITAL C++ V6.0-010 on DIGITAL UNIX V4.0 (Rev. 1530)

This one, on the ther hand, is fine:

[michael_at_viper michael]$ cxx -V
Compaq C++ V6.5-014 for Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1B (Rev. 2650)
Compiler Driver V6.5-014 (cxx) cxx Driver

The DECXX version for the later compiler is 60590014, we identify it
as follows:

#if defined(__DECCXX)
#if (__DECCXX_VER<60590014)
// do workaround
#endif
#endif

I don't know in which version between the two this was fixed.

Michael