From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-23 13:32:35

David Abrahams wrote:
> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> D> Miro Jurisic <macdev_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>>I don't mean to put down anyone's effort, but some of the logo sketches were,
>>>well, terrible. I think that a number of people here have had interesting ideas
>>>in terms of what the logo might contain (whether it's a rocket or angle
>>>brackets), but very few of the resulting images were esthetically pleasing. My
>>>proposal is that we take a small set of possible ideas to someone with graphic
>>>design skills.
>>>
>>>I am not implying we have nobody like that here, I just think this is very
>>>quickly degenerating into a shed-painting discussion, and I think we can save
>>>everyone a lot of time by picking 1-3 ideas (e.g., "boost rocket") and having
>>>someone adept of converting ideas into images work with that.
>>>
>>>meeroh "I can't draw to save my life, and I know it"
>>>
>>>PS. I think a design which simply reads "boost" and has the letter t be the
>>>rocket would work well
>>
>>Like the one on slide 3?
>>
>> http://www.luannocracy.com/logo.ppt
>

> Now updated and improved.

I agreed with Miro, but I have concede that your latest attempts
(slides 2 and 4) don't look too bad to me. But I don't like the look of
the slanted C++ in the background. For one I don't see the point of
stacking (staggering?) the "++". With the rocket there, is there really
any need to stylize the "C++"?