From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-24 01:50:21

David Abrahams writes:
> "David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > David Abrahams wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> Here are a couple of possibilities, along with some "widgets" that
> >> were inspired by the ">>" marks in one of Rene's recent pages.
> >> http://www.luannocracy.com/logo-widget.png
> >
> > I realize that you are trying to fit the 's' in with '++', but I feel
> > like the ++ is too big, and that the 's' shrinks too much. I wonder if
> > more of a 3-D approach with overlapping or interlacing would be
> > promising? Or perhaps even impossible overlapping, a la Escher?
>
> I think I'm out of brilliant ideas (and time!)
>
> Please feel free to mutilate any of my designs to get something you
> like better.

IMO what we should do to save the whole thing from falling on the floor
for another several years is to make time work for us. That is, we should
write up / summarize the logo requirements that have been already formulated
in some of the recent threads, and open an official Boost logo contest. With
proper publicity, chances are that in a couple of months we'll have quite a
few attractive designs to choose from.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering