From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-24 17:38:29

> Hi. Here's a preview of Phoenix V2. ...
> You can browse the draft docs here:
> http://tinyurl.com/6crgp

Hi Joel,
It looks interesting. I've only read the Starter Kit page so far. You went
from this (without using the library):
    find_if(c.begin(), c.end(), &is_odd)

To:
    find_if(c.begin(), c.end(), is_odd(arg1));

But your functor is a lot longer, and the advantage wasn't explained (or
perhaps what I mean is that the advantage of lazy evaluation wasn't
explained or demonstrated here).

Is it any quicker to run? If the advantage is that you get better re-use,
then I think you need a follow-on example that shows that re-use, and how
that wouldn't be achieved with normal c++ functors.

Darren