From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-24 20:42:50

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Darren Cook wrote:

>> But your functor is a lot longer, and the advantage wasn't explained
>> (or perhaps what I mean is that the advantage of lazy evaluation
>> wasn't explained or demonstrated here).
>>
>> Is it any quicker to run? If the advantage is that you get better
>> re-use, then I think you need a follow-on example that shows that
>> re-use, and how that wouldn't be achieved with normal c++ functors.
>

> I can't explain eveything in the starter kit. It's explained in
> latter parts of the doc: http://tinyurl.com/6kpcn. The starter
> kit is meant to be as concise as possible.
>
> However, the fact that you mentioned it makes me want to improve
> on it. Any suggestion is very welcome.

Hmmm.... Ok, maybe I can put a blurb or that links to the main doc.
Anyway, thanks for the comment. I think your suggestion (follow-up
example that shows that re-use) might also work fine. It's hard to
keep the starter kit as minimal as possible, yet sufficient. I'll
think about it a some more.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman