From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-01 07:23:35

Caleb Epstein wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:08:44 +1100, Matt Hurd <matt.hurd_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>>I quite like that idea. Perhaps emphasise the os in boost for the
>>dual connotations of open source and operating system. bit of colour
>>for a rocket. can type it as text.
>>
>>what about a font style similar to some one else's suggestion with a
>>bit of shadow...
>

> Too many colors and the oddball foNT siZinG looks horrible. Yes Boost
> is open source, but highlighting "OS" further confuses an already
> confusing set of glyphs.

Besides all that, which I agree with, courier is a hard font to make
work in this context. It's too skinny. You can do a little better (but
not much) by boldifying it. And the fact that it's monospace makes most
logos using it look too wide (especially something as long as this one).

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting