From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-01 15:57:29

"Joaquín Mª López Muñoz" <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
Robert Ramey ha escrito:

>> c) I believe that this is the reason the very ambitious undertaking
"sailed
>> thtough" the boost review process - (unlike most others). Aspiring
library
>> authors should study this as an example.

>I think I have to give here due credit to Pavel, who acted as my
>private reviewer for almost a year. I objected to many of his
>criticisms, but he definitely never let me go sloppy. I think this
>mentorship role should be stressed more here at Boost.

I would note that Pavel played the same role regarding the serialization
library. He pointed innumerable errors and suggested corrections - most of
them I implemented. I'm doubtful this this is generally recognized as it
should be as most of occurred during private communications. As a reward (or
punishment) we have the serialization library working with borland
compilers.

I'm still considering the observations regarding container serialization.
This was originally significantly different. After a spirited exchange I,
and though I had some reservations, I came to implement the current one.
I'm sure that the last word has been written on this.

Robert Ramey