From: Allen Yao (yaozhen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-01 20:25:25

Two more questions:

(1) Is template template parameter supported?
(2) In your opinion, is it just *possible* to support complex
non-type template parameters suppose no matter how ugly the user interface
will be?

In addition, I suggest adding a section in the document of the typeof
library
to mention the problems about complex non-type template parameters,
dependendent
non-type template parameters and template template parameters, including
whether
they are supported or not by the current library, and the possibility or
main
obstacles for supporting them in the future.

> Unfortunately no -- all we support is type and integral template
parameters.

> The implementation is based on the ability to encode a type as an array of
> compile-time integers. Therefore, in order to support other non-type
> template parameters we would have to find a way to somehow convert them
into
> compile-time integers. So far I don't see a satisfactory way of achieving
> this :(
>
> Regards,
>
> Arkadiy

Regards,