From: XinWei Hu (huxw1980_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-02 04:22:44

Hi all:

   I repeat this test case on my suse 9.2 box, the result is:

===== 1000000 Total Calls =====
Num Slots Calls/Slot Boost Lite
--------- ---------- ------- -------
        1 1000000 1.0813 0.1065
       10 100000 0.4274 0.0378
       50 20000 0.3676 0.0325
      100 10000 0.3717 0.0340
      250 4000 0.3832 0.0402
      500 2000 0.3814 0.0442
     1000 1000 0.3630 0.0456
     5000 200 0.4770 0.0972
    10000 100 0.5525 0.2437
    50000 20 0.5187 0.2084
   100000 10 0.5478 0.2415
   500000 2 0.8851 3.6850

a bit different from your original post.

And the whole situation is bit improved while compile with
-funit-at-a-time option, but the trend is the same.