From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-02 17:35:23

Rob Stewart wrote:
> From: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
>
>>Rob Stewart wrote:
>> >
>> > From whence do these principles come? I find them reasonable
>> > guidelines, but hardly unbending rules.
>>
>>I learned them in school and they are supported by
>>Addison-Wesley as I found out while writing a book recently. I
>>think they use the Chicago Manual of Style as a base document.
>>Authoritative enough for you?
>

> That's reasonably authoritative, but must those principles govern
> the Boost home page?

We can of course choose to make up our own rules, but the standard ones
are, well, standard. I'm not going to argue that there's a good reason
for them (though people have probably come up with reasons), but
anything else looks odd. So that's reason enough in my book ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting