From: Bart (bartmann_nsd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-06 19:18:17

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:59:01 -0500, Joel Reed wrote:

> the class gregorian::greg_year in the date_time library is missing a method
> implemented in greg_day and greg_month.
>
> the method is:
>
> unsigned short as_number() const {return value_;}
>
> i checked cvs, on 12/6/04, to confirm this is still an issue.
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/boost/date_time/gregorian/greg_year.hpp?rev=1.4&view=auto
>
> we have been very impressed with this library and wanted to report
> this minor inconsistency as a small, small way to say thanks.
>
> jr

greg_year shouldn't need an as_number function. It's a constrained
unsigned short with a min of 1400 & a max of 10000.

The as_number function was added to greg_month and greg_day to ease math
operations. Since greg_year is a constrained value math simply "works", as
does operator<<.

Is there a specific reason why you'd like one added to greg_year?

Thx,
Bart