From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-07 02:48:59

Matthias Troyer wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2004, at 12:02 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> Matthias Troyer wrote:
>>
>>> As I remember there was an issue with the build system and problems
>>> if one compiled library depended on another compiled library.
>>
>> You mean a problem with trying to make a LIB out of two other LIBs?
>> That would not happen in this case. Each of, serialization and
>> program_options, would compile the source for the facet independently.
>
> If each one compiles the sources into the same namespace there will be
> a problem with multiply defined symbols when both libraries are linked
> together.

My original proposal were that program_options would contain
utf8_codecvt.hpp with this content:

   namespace boost { namespace program_options {

         #include <boost/detail/unicode/utf8_codecvt.hpp>

   }}

Same for .cpp. And yes, there were some problems with dependencies between
two compiled libraries. Forgot the details :-(

- Volodya