From: Robert Zeh (razeh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-07 09:58:05

Doug Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Dec 2, 2004, at 6:05 PM, Robert Zeh wrote:
> > First let me mention that optional<R> is really cool. I had never
> > really looked at it before today.
> >
> > Let me see if I have the basic ideas down for the changes to
> > slot_call_iterator and signal's operator().
> [snip]
>
> Yep, you've got it.

Here is a patch for the discussed changes. I would be very interested
in seeing how the patch affects performance on platforms other then my
Duron box or my SPARC box. The only divergence from the plan was
passing in a reference instead of a pointer for the
boost::optional<result_type>.

I'll be doing some performance testing and running some of the tests
with it later (hopefully today). I'm inclined to think that these
changes have to run faster, but I'd like to be sure.

Robert