From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-07 13:36:04

On 12/07/2004 09:53 AM, Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> "Larry Evans" <cppljevans_at_[hidden]> wrote
>>There's a workaround to non-deduced context, but using it requires
>>specializations for each instantiation of the outer class.
>
> Can't we then just register concrete iterators?
>
> BOOST_TYPEOF_REGISTER_TYPE(std::vector<int>::iterator);
> BOOST_TYPEOF_REGISTER_TYPE(std::map<int, std::string>::iterator);
> etc.

OOPS. I guess you're right. I guess I was thinking that since
it was some help in my problem (policy ptrs), then it would
naturally extend to other cases. However, in my problem, there
would be relatively few specializations; hence, I guess it was
worthwhile. In the typeof case, I guess not.

I'm still wondering whether the :0: token proposed in the
mentioned post to c.s.c++ would solve the problem.