From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-07 21:10:27

Pavol Droba writes:
> I hereby announce that the Smart Container library is ACCEPTED into
> Boost. Congratulations and thanks to Thorsten Ottosen for providing us with
> this library.
>
> Most of the reviewers were in favor of acceptance, but there were
> several requests for improvements. I have consulted them with Thorsten
> and he proposed to do following changes. I consider them sufficient
> for acceptance.
>
> 1. add support for boost.range in insert functions, constructors etc
> 2. use void* implementation
> 3. improve docs as discussed during the review
> 4. add support for null values:
> - remove preconditions
> - add functions is_null( size_t idx ); is_null( iterator );
> 5. add more debug checks after access to ptr_begin(), ptr_end()
> 6. reconfigure policies:
> ptr_vector<T,clone_manager> becomes
> ptr_vector<T,clone_allocator = something, std::allocator<T*> = std::allocator<T*> >
> or perhaps
> ptr_vector<T,clone_allocator = something< std::allocator<T* > >
> 7. improve tests
>

> I also suggest, that before the inclusion of the library into the
> boost distribution, the library should be brought in the discussion
> to verify, that all issues above have been addressed.

I raised this during the review, and I reiterate: I strongly opposite
inclusion of the library into the distribution under the current
name. It's way too general and doesn't reflect the library's
essence. Please choose something more concrete and to the point.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering