From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-08 00:03:49

Sorry, I think I sent an empty message just before this one. Please ignore it.

There are several test failures for date_time and other Boost libs on
sunos5+gcc (see for example http://tinyurl.com/4y6tx) that are due to
incomplete wide character support on that platorm. This situation
appears to be similar to a number other configurations (e.g.
win32+mingw) which have a similar or identical tests marked as
expected failures in the test matrix. I think sunos5+gcc should be
treated similarly.

Here is the relevant section of boost/config/stdlib/libstdcpp3.hpp:

#if !defined(_GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T) && !defined(_GLIBCXX_USE_WCHAR_T)
# define BOOST_NO_CWCHAR
# define BOOST_NO_CWCTYPE
# define BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING
# define BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF