From: Dirk Gregorius (dirk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-08 13:05:32

> extern "C" Interface* DLLCreate()
> {
> return new InterfaceImpl;
> }

> extern "C" void DLLDestroy( Interface* p )
> {
> delete p;
> }

> and then construct an InterfacePtr( DLLCreate(), DLLDestroy ). You'll
need a public virtual destructor in this case,
> though.

I changed to this:

void DLLCreate( Interface& rInterface )
{
    // Implementation option #1:
    rInterface.reset( new InterfaceImple );

    // Implementation option #2:
    rInterface = InterfacePtr( new InterfaceImpl );
}

Is this a valid solution as well? At least it compiles - but with the
first solution I have the feeling that I could run into the boundary
problem, since the actual pointer is not constructed on the DLL side.
But as I said - I can only guess here...
Is there a difference between both solutions?

> Yes, it's allowed. Since you are using the DLL runtime, you probably
don't need to interoperate with different C++
> compilers so you probably need to just omit the extern "C" from
DLLCreate.
But how can I load the function than after it got mangled?