From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-09 09:48:52

Christopher D. Russell wrote:

> The gist of my approach is to return another variant from the
> binary version of the static visitor that is bounded by a the
> permutations of the types of the two input variants. My plan
> is to then operate on the return value using the unary
> version of static visitor... Perhaps this isn't exactly what
> you had in mind but it's all I could come up with. Perhaps
> others will jump in and be able to suggest a better implementation?

Thanks for this hint. Returning a variant from the visitor seems to be an
option for me, but I'll have to investigate it more thoroughly.

Initially I've expected to find some kind of meta function allowing to
specify the required return type (as used in Phoenix and as it was mentioned
here already), but this may not be possible in the context of the
Boost.Variant library.

Thanks and regards
Hartmut