From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-10 01:55:47
A version of the Iostreams library designed to work with release 1.32 is now
This version does not incorporate all the changes decided on during the review,
but most of the name changes have been applied. In particular,
- The library is now contained entirely in the iostreams subdirectories of
<boost> and <libs>.
- Resources are now called Devices
- The i/o mode Inout has been renamed Bidirectional
- The concept Buffered has been renamed Multi-Character
- Filters are now located in the directory boost/iostreams/filter
- Devices are now located in the directory boost/iostreams/device
The library has been tested on VC7.1, Intel 7.1-8.0 for Windows, Codewarrior 8.3
and GCC 3.2 (mingw). Unfortunately, I have noticed some regressions of GCC
3.3-4, but am working to correct them.
I am confident that the library will eventually work on GCC 3.3+ and Borland
5.6.4. In addition, I may be able to provide limited support for VC6-7.0.
I'm hoping to get a version into CVS soon.
Also, several of the fixes that people sent me during the review have been
removed because they caused regressions. They have not been forgotten -- they
will be incorporated in to the final version in modified form.
-- Jonathan Turkanis technews_at_[hidden]
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk