From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-11 20:55:51

Hi Jonathan

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Jonathan Turkanis <technews_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Domingo, Diciembre 12, 2004 1:10 am
Asunto: [boost] Re: [iostreams] Version of Iostreams compatible
with1.32available

> Has this been tested on Borland 5.x?

No, it hasn't. This utility is a spin-off of
multi_index, which does not compile in BCC (for
many other reasons.)

> I get errors (see end) unless
> I make the
> following change at line 132
>
> template<typename Type>
> struct result:Allocator::BOOST_NESTED_TEMPLATE rebind<Type>
> {
> };
>
> ==>
>
> template<typename Type>
> struct result:Allocator::BOOST_NESTED_TEMPLATE rebind<Type>
> {
> typedef typename Allocator::BOOST_NESTED_TEMPLATE
> rebind<Type>::other other;
> };

Well, your fix is kinda redundant. I guess
every compiler will be happy with this instead:

 template<typename Type>
 struct result
 {
     typedef typename Allocator::BOOST_NESTED_TEMPLATE
         rebind<Type>::other other;
 };

If this works for BCC and you could do a quick check
that it doesn't break the others (GCC, MSVC), please
go ahead and commit to the CVS (thank you!)

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo