From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-12 05:14:16

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 02:13:18AM +0100, Pavel Vozenilek wrote:
> This 2-liner:
> ---------------------------
> #include <boost/algorithm/string.hpp>
> #include <boost/range/iterator_range.hpp>
> ---------------------------
>
> produces error with Intel C++ 7.0 for Windows
> (plugged in VC6 IDE, old Dinkumware):
>

> P:\N\src\boost_1_32_0\boost/range/iterator_range.hpp(78): error: class
> template "boost::algorithm::iterator_range" may not be redeclared in the
> current scope
> class iterator_range
> ^
> P:\N\src\boost_1_32_0\boost/range/iterator_range.hpp(78): error: class
> template "boost::algorithm::iterator_range" has already been defined
> class iterator_range
>
> ------
> Comment on this from Eric Niebler:
>
> it's a compiler bug, algorithm/string.hpp causes iterator_range to be
> declared in boost::algorithm namespace, and range/iterator_range.hpp causes
> a different iterator_range to be defined in the boost namespace. That's
> fine, but your compiler doesn't seem to like it. The fix is probably to make
> the string algorithms use boost::iterator_range instead of defining its own
> version.
>
> ------

This is a known problem with this release. It is a plan to fix string_algo to
use Boost.Range instead of its internal version
Before the release, the Boost.Range was not stable enough. It has changed later
on, but then I didn't want the make big changes just before the release.
If I would know that it would take so long to get the release the change
would have be there long time ago.

Regards,

Pavol