From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-12 16:09:34

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:41:34 +0800, Allen Yao wrote
> Sorry, I didn't see obvious improvement to the current front page.

It has a more modern look and feel -- search is moved out of the main text
flow. I think it's a big improvement personally.

I did some testing -- mostly good results.

Platform/Browser
Linux/Epiphany -- fine (minor chopping of logo on left side)
Linux/Firefox -- fine (minor chopping of logo on left side)
Linux/Galeon -- fine (minor chopping of logo on left side)
Linux/Konqueror -- Search did not render Google logo, instead a button with
                     'Google Search' (doesn't quite look right). Also, no
                     rollover display on left side menu. This is Konqueror
                     3.2.0
Win98/IE 6 -- fine
Win98/Firefox -- fine
Win98/Netscape 7 -- fine

WinXPSP2/IE 6 -- fine
WinXPSP2/Firefox -- fine

Couple minor thoughts:

1) I noticed slow loading of the W3C graphics. I think in the final version
we should make these local to the boost site (or ditch them).
2) Can we expand the search box a bit? I think it would make it more obvious
and since your design nicely flows the text adding a bit more room wouldn't
really change the page much.

Anyway, excellent work!

Jeff