From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-12 21:18:30

At 04:48 PM 12/12/2004, Jeff Garland wrote:

>Finally, it would be nice if someone would actually submit infinite
>precision number types

I agree strongly. It has always seemed to me to be a real hole in Boost not
to have an infinite precision number type.

> and resurrect the fixed decimal proposal (it died after it was
>rejected in review).

A decimal number proposal is starting to move through the C and C++
committees. It is based on work done at IBM, and is designed to work as
either library software, or with a hardware accelerator, IIRC. Thus anyone
interested might want to become familiar with that proposal before doing
any new decimal work.

--Beman