From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-15 10:57:48

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 08:38:37AM -0500, "Neal D. Becker" <ndbecker2_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> First, I would say, there is a need for a better autoconf for boost. There
> has been some interest in scons, and scons also includes some capability
> here that might be useful.
autoconf is a tool for configuring builds, scons is a complete build
system. Both things do not help when writing an application that uses
boost.

> I don't think pkg-config is the right tool. All it is for is to record the
> settings that were used to build packages - it doesn't figure them out. I
> don't see how that would help boost.
That was no "please replace bjam with <buildtool>"-email. I was talking
about helping poeple who want to use boost, and integrate that into
the build system they use.

Regards
Andreas Pokorny