From: Ferdinand Prantl (ferdipr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-15 12:07:30

Hi Hajo,

> From: Hajo Kirchhoff
>
> I am trying to decide on a build tool for the Lit Window
> Library and am considering bjam, cmake, bakefile and would
> just like to get an opinion about your tool before delving
> deeper into it. BTW, I need linux support as well as VC6++
> and .NET project creation, meaning the tool should create
> .NET project/solution files rather than acting as a build tool.

I wanted the same - just generate makefiles/projects. I use tmake (1.11
with some tweaks of me) from Trolltech (predecessor of qmake written in
Perl). It generates makefiles/projects from templates and creates them
for a platform from a couple of lines in a file.pro. You must run the
build afterwards manually. Doxygen uses tmake, for example and Qt uses
qmake, which has the same principle and configuration.

The discussion gets a little off-topic... ;-)

Ferda