From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-15 16:08:21

I totally forgot about broken typename in bcc. It's fixed in attached
any.hpp.

> Alexander Nasonov writes:
>
> > Hello Mikhail,
> > I've updated your patch to properly support T volatile x; any a(x);

I forgot to mention that the original version has small problem with any_cast
to const type. If any stores T and you cast it to T const you're trying
this sequence of static_casts:

holder<T>* -> (in ctor) -> placeholder* -> (in any_cast) -> holder<T const>*

Obviously, it's not getting back to original holder<T> type.

> > It has been tested under Gentoo Linux on g++ 3.3.4 (hardened) and Intel
> > 8.0 with and without BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION.

Now tested on borland 5.5.1 and on VC++ 7.1 (free command line tool).

Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:
> Thanks!
> Do you know if/when this patch will be added?
> (I notified Kevlin but he hasn't responded yet.)

Let's wait for his reply.

--
Alexander Nasonov