From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-16 02:14:25

Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to use the program_options library and used the following
> example.
> However, I got an internal compiler error.
> I reduced the example to this minimum.
> The library build fine, so I assume it's compatible with VC6.

I'm afraid it's not the case, the note at:

   http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/developer/program_options.html

says that one of the primary interfaces of program_options is not usable
with that compiler.

> What went wrong?
>
> Code:
> #include "stdafx.h"
> #include <boost/program_options.hpp>
> #include <iostream>
>
> int main(int ac, char* av[])
> {
> boost::program_options::variables_map vm;
> std::cout << vm["compression"].as<int>(); // line 8

Specifically here, vc6 does not allow to pass template parameter to a member
template. I'm not aware of any workarounds, sorry.

- Volodya