From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-16 12:50:29

Alan wrote:
> Yes. Done. Here is relevent bit of the Jamfile.
>
> lib boost_serialization
>
> ## Darwin doesn't like optimization...
> <darwin><*><optimization>off
> <darwin><*><inlining>off
> (The Jamfile syntax means nothing to me.

welcome to the club !

> I put an echo line above what I determined to be the cc
> command and tried different things until I saw -O0 and
> -fno-inline.)
>
> Now it compiles. As to the specific opimization to turn off,
> well, I'll have to learn more about Boost.Build.

I would appreciated it if you could experiment just a little bit more.

a) instead of <darwin><*>... try each of the following

<darwin><release><optimization>space
<darwin><release><optimization>space

and try with and without

<darwin><inlining>off

Is there anyone who want's to chiime in and indicate how these statements
would be applied to just one source file in the library - that is
xml_grammar.cpp . This is the only one thats coughing here ( and the only
one that's using spirit ). In fact, I believe that spirit test should be
run in release mode - this will amost surely highlight the root cause of the
problem.

In fact if you want to do a good deed and you have a little time. And since
you're right there in the key spot And since you're going to get a huge
boost from boost, It would be great if you could run the sprit test suite in
release mode. This would be of great help to us.

Robert Ramey