From: Kon Lovett (klovett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-16 23:09:09

On Dec 16, 2004, at 10:07 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> Alan wrote:
>> I built boost thus:
>>
>> bjam "-sTOOLS=darwin" -sBUILD="debug release
>> <runtime-link>static/dynamic"
>>
>> After hacking around the xml_grammar.cpp problems, I get the
>> link errors where the following functions cannot be found.
>
> I presume at this point everything seems to build properly.
>

>> I'm wondering if some test functions that are not meant to
>> be in the library are referenced by something included in
>> the library.
>>
>> darwin-Link-DyLib-action
>>

> bin/boost/libs/test/build/libboost_prg_exec_monitor.dylib/darwin/
> debug/runti
> me-link-static/shared-linkable-true/libboost_prg_exec_monitor-sd
> -1_32.dylib
>> ld: Undefined symbols: cpp_main(int, char**)
>>

>> darwin-Link-DyLib-action
>>

> <snip>
>
> These error messages indicate that the serialization test programs are
> being
> built but that the boost.test library isn't being linked in.

This an attempt to create a dynamic shared library w/ a two-level
namespace & undefined symbols (cpp_main is a "call-out" from the
library code). Not allowed. Must state the library (an "umbrella
framework" usually) to resolve from at dynamic link time.

I think this can be solved by shifting to a flat-namespace. I will try.

Kon