From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-19 09:01:21

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was porting my older stuff into Boost 1.32, and it went fine with VC71.
> However, using g++ 3.3, I ran into a lot of naming conflicts between STL and
> MPL algoritms, such as find_if, copy_if, etc. From looking into previous
> posts, I can see that tis relates to a combination of problems in the g++
> STL, such as using unqualified calls, and ADL not working correctly.
>
> Does anybody know if the problem was fixed in later versions of GCC?

That's rather disturbing to hear. I know that for 1.32 Aleksey jumped
through considerable hoops specifically to avoid unintentional ADL
effects that crop up with GCC because of its "interesting
interpretation" of the standard. If anything, 1.32 should be much
better than previous versions in this regard.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting