From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-19 21:13:58

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> Sorry for posting to the developer list. I intended it to go to
> jamboost but I did not manage to get through.
> I would be glad if someone could instruct me
> how to subscribe to the jamboost list.

If you follow http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#jamboost to
joining the group.

> I observed the following behaviour:
>
> When building the library,

Which library?

> files that are included by
> e.g. #include <<boost/config.hpp>
> obviously are not in the list of dependant files.

No, but they are supposed to be in the list of dependencies.

> Consequently when one of such files has been edited
> no recompilation is beeing triggered.

That surprises me; it's not the usual behavior.

> While this behaviour is fine with user programs
> it is unfortunate when compiling (and working) on
> the library itself.

We are all library developers here; that behavior would be unacceptable
to a great number of Boost.Build users.

> I even suspect that updating such files from sourceforege
> will render the following compile meaningless.
>
> I tried this on windows with MSVC 7_1.
>
> Any hints?

Look for a bin/.jamdeps file and delete it. That is a dependency cache
and occasionally they become outdated.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting